The Australia-Japan Society of Victoria Inc. was established in Melbourne in 1963 in order to promote a common interest in all matters related to Australia and Japan and between the people of the two countries.
The Society is a non-political, non-profit organisation and has the following objectives:
- To foster mutual understanding between the peoples of Australia and Japan.
- To encourage interest in Australia by Japanese people.
- Provide opportunities and facilities for contact between Australians with a common interest in Japan and between Australians and Japanese.
- To co-operate with other organisations in Australia and Japan with similar objectives.
>> visit the AJS Victoria website here
As a member of the AJS you will…
- Receive a monthly edition of “THE LINK” newsletter informing you of upcoming events and current news items.
- Develop your language skills at various informal gatherings
- Have the opportunity to network internationally
- Interact socially at functions varying from black-tie dinners to casual conversation evenings
- Have the opportunity to participate in home hosting
Membership is open to all who subscribe to the objectives of the Society. There are six types of membership:
Corporate Membership for any company or organisation. The corporation member may nominate 4 persons to receive the Society’s notices and attend meetings.
Small Business Membership. If employees world wide do not exceed 30. This includes two nominees.
School/Education This includes two nominees.
Family Membership This membership covers partner(s) and children up to 18 years.
Concession Membership for Pension or Health Care Card holders (Proof of Identity is required)
Student Membership is provided for full-time students (Proof of Identity is required)
For the latest Membership Information,including Fees, please visit the AJS Victoria website