Australian Japanese Association of the Northern Territory Incorporated (AJANT) is a not-for-profit organisation, and was formed in 1989 with the primary goal of fostering greater understanding and friendship between Australian and Japanese people.
The Society aims to
- Hold events and social get-togethers to promote Japanese culture and friendship. AJANT is very proud of the events we have held in the past such as Children’s Day, Japanese Film Festival and Bunko No Hi.
- Act as a point of contact for new arrivals to the Northern Territory by providing support and friendship to lessen the impact of loneliness and hardship of settling into a new environment.
- Provide opportunities for people to learn more about Japan, Japanese culture and language through friendship.
- Help and be a source of support and information for Japanese tourists visiting the Northern Territory via social media.
- Act as an official point of contact between the Japanese Embassy and the Consulate of Japan for the Northern Territory community.
PO Box 43041 Casuarina NT 0811